Sunday, December 8, 2013

Happy 2nd Cranioversary, Adeline Cecilia!

So, it's been two years since I have posted in this blog.
I spent 18 months using it as therapy. And then I stopped...probably because I didn't need it anymore.
Aaron and I were discussing Adeline's December Cranioversaries this weekend and I jumped on the blog to confirm the dates.

I found it hard to scroll through the posts.

It's been 2 years today since her last cranial vault reconstruction.
Two years of being blessed with the gift of not having to deal with a “sick kid”.
That might sound harsh, but it's true.
God never gives you more than you can handle...but when you are handling what He gives you it sure can be hard. And there is nothing that brings you to your KNEES like a sick kid.

Aaron and I have been enjoying the easy road these past two years. And we have really let our guard down this year...we are truly allowing ourselves to celebrate the Christmas Season. I even bought an Advent wreath...and a book to go with it! I make the kids listen to me as I read. And they answer the Advent inspired questions I ask – even though they are completely annoyed and would rather just eat.

I'm not sure how I would be living day to day motherhood if it wasn't for our cranio-experience. I am able to make a conscious effort to enjoy every moment. And the moments I just can't enjoy – I remind myself that nothing is permanent. Life is certainly not perfect. But my heart is happy, my kids are healthy, and my little family is learning new reasons to love each other every day.

Adeline is a curious, intuitive, passionate pre-schooler. She loves to dance, sing and make friends laugh. She'll talk your ear off and then test you to make sure you were listening. She's almost potty-trained and sleeps in a “big girl bed”.
And she LOVES to throw a party.  She doesn't even need a reason - but she's good at making a reason up! Grayma and Graypa and a few close friends are coming over this afternoon for cupcakes with sprinkles.  She has a reason to have a party today.

I can't wait until Adeline can fully understand the gifts that she has given us through her cranio-journey.


God is sooo good!     








No comments:

Post a Comment