Thursday, July 1, 2010

We have (finally!!!) been blessed with our second bundle of joy!

Sweet Adeline Cecilia was born 6.1.10.  It was love at first sight.  She was perfect. 8 lbs 2 oz, 21.5 inches long (I still don't know if I believe that she was that long-I think they might have measured her wrong) The chubbiest, most kissable cheeks ever!
She nursed perfectly from the very beginning and slept well too. Big brother Nile was sooo proud (and protective) of her.  It was his baby Adeline.

I felt a bump on the back of her head right away.  I assumed that it was from delivery, or just the way her head was.  I really wasn't concerned.  A friend and coworker of mine, Jo - who was a pediatric nurse "back in the day" - visited us at home a couple of weeks after she was born.  She was holding Adeline with her hand cupping the back of her head.  I asked Jo about the bump, and she said she thought it felt a little fishy.  She suggested I call Adeline's pediatrician to ask if they might think it was a hematoma (blood clot).   I did call Dr. Rehan's office a few days later and they scheduled an appointment that afternoon.
Dr. Rehan examined Adeline's head and was certain it wasn't a hematoma. I knew her head wasn't shaped perfectly, but I was no longer worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment